One part UV system for high performance bonding, sealing, coating and encapsulation
- Low viscosity
- Superior non-yellowing properties
- Excellent physical properties, enhanced durability and toughness
- Low shrinkage upon cure
Master Bond UV15-7NV is a one component, UV curable polymer system for high performance bonding, sealing, coating and encapsulation. Its most salient features include superior physical strength properties, low shrinkage upon curing and good non-yellowing stability. This system bonds well to a wide variety of similar and dissimilar substrates including glass, metals and plastics, such as polycarbonates, acrylics and a number of polyester films. It is 100% reactive and does not contain any solvents or diluents. UV15-7NV offers very good chemical resistance to water, fuels and many solvents. The UV cured polymeric material can be employed over the wide service temperature range of -80°F to +300°F. UV15-7NV exhibits an excellent combination of properties including outstanding toughness, electrical insulation and withstanding thermal cycling.
Master Bond UV15-7NV system is not oxygen inhibited and cures readily in 10-30 seconds when exposed to a UV light source emitting at a wavelength of 320-365 nm with an energy output as low as 20-40 milliwatts/cm². The rate of cure depends upon the compound’s distance from the light source, the thickness of the section and of course the intensity of the light source. It should be noted that the system can cure in sections up to 1/8 inch. However, when bonding, sections of a few thousandths of an inch are more than adequate. This system is widely used in optical, fiber-optic, electronic, laser, microelectronic and semiconductor applications.
- One component system; no mixing needed
- Exceptionally fast cure upon exposure to a UV light source at ambient temperatures
- No air inhibition while curing; no special inert atmosphere required
- Very good electrical insulator
- High bond strength; excellent adhesion to many substrates
- Good dimensional stability
- Outstanding clarity and light transmission
UV15-7NV is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.