Two part, thermally conductive, electrically insulative epoxy for bonding and sealing featuring outstanding heat resistance; requires oven curing
- Impressive thermal conductivity and electrical insulation
- High glass transition temperature
- Excellent physical properties & dimensional stability
- Meets MIL-STD-883J Section 3.5.2 for thermal stability
- Meets NASA low outgassing specifications
- Withstands 1,000 hours 85°C/85% RH
Master Bond EP46HT-1AO is a two component high performance epoxy offering high caliber thermal conductivity, superior electrical insulation and top shelf temperature resistance. It is primarily used for bonding and sealing. The service temperature range is eye-catching at -100°F to +550°F. While it does not cure at room temperature, it does cure readily at elevated temperatures. A good curing schedule to optimize properties is 2 hours at 300°F, followed by a few hours at 350-400°F. Some other noteworthy and desirable properties include exceptional physical strength properties and sterling dimensional stability. EP46HT-1AO has a forgiving 100 to 30-35 mix ratio by weight. It should be noted that EP46HT-1AO is relatively exothermic and should not be cured in sections greater than 20-30 thousandths of an inch thick and a bondline thickness is typically 2-7 thousandths of an inch.
EP46HT-1AO withstands rigorous thermal cycling and has striking chemical resistance to oils, water, acids, bases and solvents. It bonds well to metals, composites, glass, ceramics and many plastics. Once cured, the system is a top flight electrical insulator. The color of Part A is tan and Part B is moderately dark brown. EP46HT-1AO is normally recommended for challenging applications found in the electronic, aerospace and specialty OEM industries where the blend of highly desirable properties discussed above is needed.
- Easy application: contact pressure only required for cure, system spreads evenly and smoothly
- Working life over 24 hours at room temperature
- Commendable thermal conductivity along with first rate electrical insulation properties
- Sound dimensional stability and physical strength properties
- Notable thermal stability
EP46HT-1AO is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.