Two component, heat and thermal cycling resistant, medical grade epoxy
- USP Class VI approved
- Suitable for bonding, sealing and coating
- Resists repeated sterilization
- Long working life at room temperature after mixing
- Service temperature range from -80°F to 500°F
- Electrically insulative
Master Bond EP45HTMED is a two component heat cured epoxy system for high performance structural bonding, sealing, coating and casting. It is especially designed for the assembly of reusable medical devices which must be sterilized repeatedly by radiation, sterilants and steam (autoclaving). It is suitable for applications where high strength properties and long term exposure to temperatures from -80°F to +500°F are required. lt is 100% reactive and does not contain any solvents or diluents. The minimum cure temperature is 250°F with faster curing schedules at higher temperatures. It has a convenient mix ratio of 100 to 30 by weight.
EP45HTMED can be applied easily by syringe, brushing or with a spatula. It produces durable high strength and tough bonds as well as castings which are remarkably resistant to thermal cycling and chemicals, including water, oil and most organic solvents, over an exceptionally wide temperature range of -80°F to +500°F. The EP45HT can withstand the most demanding sterilization procedures such as repetitive autoclaving. Adhesion to metals, glass, ceramics, wood, vulcanized rubber and many plastics is excellent. The cured system is a superb electrical insulator. The color of Part A is clear and Part B is amber.
EP45HTMED is widely used in the manufacturing of medical devices where resistance to repeated sterilization is required. The cured system fully meets the biocompatibility requirements of USP Class VI specifications.
- Convenient mixing: 100:30 by weight
- Easy application: contact pressure only required for cure; system spreads evenly and smoothly
- Convenient cure schedules
- High bonding strength to similar and dissimilar substrates
- Superior durability, thermal shock and chemical resistance
- 100% reactive and does not contain any solvents or diluents
EP45HTMed is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.