Two component epoxy compound for medical device assembly
- USP Class VI approved
- High temperature resistant
- Sterilization resistant
- Cures at room temperature or elevated temperatures
- Serviceable from -60°F to +450°F
- Castable to thicknesses exceeding 2-3 inches
Master Bond EP42HT-2Med Black is a room temperature curable two component epoxy, adhesive, sealant, coating and casting material featuring high temperature resistance along with outstanding chemical resistance. It is widely used in medical devices because of its ability to withstand repeated sterilizations, including radiation, ethylene oxide, chemical sterilants and especially autoclaving. In addition, it fully complies with the testing requirements of USP Class VI plastics. EP42HT-2Med Black is a superior adhesive, sealant and coating and can also be used for potting and encapsulating up to 2-3 inches thick. EP42HT-2Med Black cures readily at ambient temperatures or more quickly at elevated temperatures. To optimize properties and ensure biocompatibility, a desirable cure schedule is overnight at room temperature followed by 2-4 hours at 150-200°F. It has an easy to use 100 to 40 mix ratio by weight or 100 to 50 by volume. In addition to withstanding various types of sterilizations, it resists acids, bases, solvents and fuels. EP42HT-2Med Black has excellent electrical insulation properties. Especially noteworthy is its serviceability from -60°F up to +450°F. EP42HT-2Med Black is widely used in the medical industry for manufacturing and repairing endoscopes, surgical instruments, catheters and many other medical devices.
- Convenient 100 to 40 mix ratio by weight or 100 to 50 by volume
- Can be used as adhesive, sealing, coating, potting or encapsulation compound
- Withstands multiple cycles of medical sterilization
- Outstanding resistance to radiation, EtO, chemicals and steam
- Excellent chemical resistance to acids, bases and many solvents
- Contains no solvents
EP42HT-2Med Black is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.