Quartz filled, two part epoxy system for high performance bonding, sealing, coating & casting
- Very low shrinkage upon curing
- High degree of dimensional stability
- Meets NASA low outgassing specifications
- Withstands 1,000 hours 85°C/85% RH
Master Bond EP30QF is a quartz filled, two component epoxy for high performance bonding, sealing, coating and potting. There are many options for curing this system. At room temperature, it cures in 1-2 days. Alternatively, at 150-200°F, it will cure in 1-2 hours. The optimum cure schedule is overnight at room temperature followed by 2-3 hours at 150-200°F. EP30QF has a very forgiving four to one mix ratio by weight.
EP30QF is a reliable electrical insulator. With its lower viscosity and superior flow properties, it is useful for potting and encapsulation. The quartz filler confers a higher level of dimensional stability, along with lower shrinkage when compared to most unfilled epoxy systems. It bonds well to a wide variety of substrates including metals, composites, glass, ceramics and plastics. It resists many commonly used chemicals including fuels, oils, water along with some acids and bases. The service temperature range is -60°F to +250°F. The color of Part A is tan and Part B is a lighter brown. Most notably, EP30QF also has a relatively low coefficient of thermal expansion as well as robust physical strength properties, particularly in the compressive mode. EP30QF is a popular choice for many challenging applications in the optical, fiber-optic, electronic, aerospace, specialty OEM and related industries.
- Convenient mixing: easy to use mix ratio, four to one by weight
- Versatile cure schedules: ambient temperature cures or fast, elevated temperature cures as required
- Exceptionally good flow properties
- Faster setting than most filled systems
- Higher tensile modulus and compressive strength values
- Low shrinkage upon curing, highly dimensionally stable, along a with low coefficient of thermal expansion
EP30QF is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.