Two component epoxy compound for bonding, coating, sealing and encapsulation
- Excellent thermal conductivity
- Room temperature curing
- Convenient one to one mix ratio
- Superior electrical insulation
- Meets USP Class VI requirements
- Passes ISO 10993-5 tests for cytotoxicity
Master Bond EP21AOLV-2Med is a two component, thermally conductive, electrically isolating epoxy adhesive, sealant, coating and encapsulant. It has a convenient, one to one mix ratio by weight, a smooth consistency and good flow properties. EP21AOLV-2Med cures readily at room temperature and can be accelerated by heat. The optimum cure schedule is overnight at room temperature followed by 2-4 hours at 150-200°F. Most importantly, it has been rigorously tested for biocompatibility and passes USP Class VI testing as well as ISO 10993-5 for cytotoxicity. Its viscosity and flow properties enable it to be used for bonding as well as potting. It bonds well to a wide variety of substrates including metals, composites, glass, ceramics, plastics and many rubbers. This system resists many chemicals including water, oils, fuels and most notably, EtO, radiation and many cold sterilants. EP21AOLV-2Med has a wide array of desirable physical strength properties including superb dimensional stability, a high modulus, exceptional compressive strength and very low shrinkage upon curing. It should be emphasized that this system is a fine thermal conductor while retaining impressive electrical insulation properties. Its service temperature range is -60°F to +250°F. The color of Part A is gray; the color of Part B is off-white. It’s widely used in the medical device industry and other applications where biocompatibility, thermal conductivity and electrical insulation are essential requirements.
- Convenient handling, easy to use, one to one mix ratio by weight
- Smooth, flowable consistency. Ideal for bonding and potting
- Adheres well to many different substrates
- Desirable physical strength properties, low coefficient of thermal expansion
- Combines outstanding thermal conductivity andlaudable electrical insulation properties
- Stellar resistance to chemical sterilants, radiation and EtO
- Passes USP Class VI biocompatibility testing and ISO 10993-5 cytotoxicity requirements
EP21AOLV-2Med is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.