Toughened, two component, heat curing epoxy for potting & encapsulation
- Excellent electrical insulation
- Outstanding temperature resistance
- Superior thermal conductivity
- Meets NASA low outgassing specifications
Master Bond EP112FLAO-1 is a toughened two component, high performance epoxy resin system featuring very good temperature resistance, fine thermal conductivity and electrical insulation values with sound dimensional stability. This system passes NASA low outgassing testing. The mix ratio is 100:80 by weight. After mixing EP112FLAO-1 has a very long open time of a few days but requires oven curing. A typical cure schedule is 2-3 hours at 250°F followed by 5-8 hours at 300°F with a 2 hour post cure at 350°F, although, a number of variations are possible. Also EP112FLAO-1 is ideal for potting and encapsulation because of its lower viscosity and its advantageous flow properties. The epoxy bonds well to metals, composites, glass, ceramics and many plastics. As mentioned previously, its most prominent features include toughness, solid thermal conductivity, superior electrical insulation properties and ample dimensional stability. The service temperature range is -60°F to +450°F. One noteworthy property is its toughness which allows it to be utilized in applications where thermal cycling is an important consideration. EP112FLAO-1 has very low exotherm upon curing and is suitable for larger sized castings and potting applications. EP112FLAO-1 is a specialty type product formulated for challenging electrical, electronic applications where high temperature resistance, thermal conductivity and electrical insulation along with a degree of toughness are desirable.
- Lower viscosity, wonderful flow properties; ideally suited for potting and encapsulation applications
- Exceptional physical strength properties and dimensional stability
- Good adhesion to a wide range of substrates
- Low coefficient of expansion; good toughness
- Exceptionally long working life at room temperature
EP112FLAO-1 is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.